Translate The Page

Friday 18 November 2011

Race with Gadgets..........generation tech

Lazy Animated Sexy Television
 I started off my warm up which comprised of skipping in GX class(group exercise classes like muai thai, combat etc held at my gym)  ,when suddenly i turned towards my daughter who also works out in the same gym and asked her to join me ,a little apprehensive but she paired up with me and skipping became a fun game for both of us while
others watched in dismay.often in my mind i travel back to my child hood when growing up was so natural,we did not have any gadgets or machines to work on.Playing on the streets,climbing up the trees,hide and seek ,was all  fun.But we have entered an era of machines  and the new tech savy generation is  totally dependent on machines.Children are no more seen playing in colonies but yes they are certainly found working out on machines in gym ,their favourite games are either play stations , mobile phones or internet ,the other day i was amused to see my clients 3year old son sitting in one corner of the room engrossed in his i pad and i was amazed when my client told me "i got him an i pad so that he would leave the cell phone alone".I call it GENERATION TECH which is a result of nuclear family system coupled with race for never ending desires for materials.Theres no contentment ,parents want to earn more and more to afford luxuries as a result children are rewarded with machines to keep thmselves busy. Hit and Run cases are often heard of now a days and most recently Famous Cricketer Azharudins son was killed by speed ,which probably has become a norm these days.
You turn around and see people moving their lips while no ones around , typing on an ipad and smiling by self ...walking on a treadmill unaware of whos on the next machine living in a house for 10 years not knowing the name of the old man living next door watering his plants every morning......Are we not surrounded by madness all around??

5 comments:

  1. soon we will be part machine part human... with readers attached to our retinas... shoes that control our stride.. AI (artificial intelligence) making schools obsolete.. nanotech making surgery history.. and so on...
    after reading your post am thinking of NOT getting an ipad for my daughter..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am totaly in agreement with u on this..its very frustrating looking at and observing this generation..i shudder thinking of the developments that will take place in years to come..and your daughter might kill me for writing this blog:p

    ReplyDelete
  3. lolzz... i wont let my daughter kill you... coz that way i will lose you...
    and never get scared of technology... it will happen no matter whether we like it or not....

    ReplyDelete
  4. bt dont tell her ths is after effect of reading my blog she might flag it...lol

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment good bad or ugly doesnt matter just let me know that you were here

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...