Translate The Page

Saturday 17 December 2011

sets you on fire.......

If i go by my school teachers opinion about me i was never a brilliant student , but honestly as a child i felt i was much above their rating for a brilliant student ,a student who learnt from surroundings not books. i would flunk in half yearlies and a coupLe of times in finals too.every time i got my report card i would erase the actual marks with a blade change the figures ,have by report card signed by my dad ,re erase change back to actual marks and submit the report card. every morning would start with punishment to the extent one of my teacher "Shanta Ma'am " {Hope she reads my blog some day ) would pull my hair so hard that a lot of hair used to get uprooted from the beautiful crown i have ,LOL !! But it did not bother me at all day by day i was getting hardened by the sever punishment and in fact i started collecting my hair that would fall in hope of showing it to my parents who were away to pahelgam for 2 years.it was one of those days when i was told to call my dad to school and i didn't have a heart to inform my dad that his daughter is so notorious ,to talk about the fact i can equate the brilliance of all my classmates put together. incidentally my grand mom came to see me in t school the very next  day d as the luck would five minutes after my grand mom left my class teacher caught me and the first question she shot was "your dad didnt come ??" and my clever mind did not have to think and i shot back"my dari(dadi/grand mom) came to see you but couldn't find you and a little twist of my tongue saved me from situation.

Though  i grew up following Mahatma Gandhis teaching " bura mat dekho,bura mat suno and bura mat kaho" which is not easy to follow but  one of his teachings i have followed more ardently than others and that is lie if if really necessary and for me several such occassions do arrive every now and then ,one of them i would like to share with you all follows ;
i was caught by a traffic cop while talking on the phone while driving (though i was on loudspeaker but he noticed my lip movement ) and i had no choice but to stop my car to the signal from the cop chasing me in a police jeep . i frantically put away my phone under the driving seat while my other phone was lying on the pessanger seat . i pulled aside my car and quitely watched the cop walking towards me ,my mind contantly ticking like a clock as i was carrying neither my driving licence nor the car RC and Rest of the event is narrated below


Me     "Yes Sir"
cop     "you were on the phone "
me      "no sir ,you can see my phone lying on the other seat " pointing towards the other phone lying on the passenger seat

cop   " ma'am you kept it there after you saw us "
me     "never you can check my call record "
cop    " but i saw you talking" he argued in the meanwhile the senior cop had also join him and insisted that he also saw me talking .

me"   no sir,i was singing while driving "

both the cops looked at each others face and honestly i didnt know where to look to hide my sheepish smile and they let me go. i got away with my presence of mind and my  twist in tongue.LOL

copyright(c)alkanarula
gif credits http://photobucket.com/

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart deeds..
    Well those are the best examples of a worst teachers. And that did put me on fire!!
    I teach. That's my passion. I believe that if a student does bad, its because of a teacher's fault and not student's. Your teachers failed to understand that basic truth of this profession.
    And my dear Alka, as evident from those blogs u write, u are gifted with so much of talents that ur teacher's like shanta ma'm failed to see; probably because they were busy plucking hairs of students. I sincerely pray that Shanta ma'ms don't exist in our children's life at-least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. leo paw at one point of time i have teached too and trust me we are on the same page here..i too believe if a student does bad its the teachers fault,and unfortunately teachers like shanta mam do exist today one eg of which was in my daughters school a teacher called laxmi gupta cos of who my daughter became so weak in maths she scored in 80s in every subject but a mere passing grade in math..its quite sad..thank you for appreciating my writings thank you so much it means alot to me..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kewl :) its nice to see that you believed in yourself...it certainly can work wonders as is evident in your blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the second incident more... and although I do not support changing marks, I also condemn the fact that your teacher was so harsh to her students.. they were mere children, afterall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank u shrijith for dropping by and for ur valuable comment
    thanks anupama for dropping by and for your valuable comment,i agree its not a good thing to change marks but i guess almost all of us have done it sometime or the other:p

    ReplyDelete
  7. The real smart part in the second incident was 'check the call records'. thats truly rocking smartness. great :)

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment good bad or ugly doesnt matter just let me know that you were here

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...