Translate The Page

Sunday 13 May 2012

what comes first


Before i come to the point its important for one to understand where i am coming from. Here is an account of a relevant story that I feel would help me express my feelings and the message I am trying to convey in a better way 


"I am depressed ... without phone ... money for rent ... money for child support ... money for debts ... money!!! ... I am haunted by the vivid memories of killings and corpses and anger and pain ... of starving or wounded children, of trigger-happy madmen, often police, of killer executioners ... I have gone to join Ken (recently deceased colleague Ken Oosterbroek) if I am that lucky" excerpts from suicide noteof Kevin Carter who took his own life by taping one end of a hose to his pickup truck’s exhaust pipe and running the other end to the passenger-side window. He died of carbon monoxide poisoning
                                                   

                                                                     Carter's Pulitzer Prize-winning photographIn 
Carter's prize winning photograph was sold to the New York Times, the photograph first appeared on March 26, 1993. Hundreds of people contacted the newspaper to ask the fate of the girl. The paper reported that it was unknown whether she had managed to reach the feeding center. In 1994, the photograph won the Pulitzer Prize for Feature Photography.
Its a guest post for more please click
http://myrootsmywings.blogspot.in/2012/05/guestspeak-when-pictures-speak.html

8 comments:

  1. This photo always brings tears to my eyes .

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes ritika ..i cn understand

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...it's heart rending, Alka.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is the worst tragedy that could befall a human being.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No matter how many times I have seen this shot, it always shoots an arrow into my heart. Thank you for reminding us of how precious life is.

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment good bad or ugly doesnt matter just let me know that you were here

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...