Translate The Page

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Yeh Hai India

I seethe in pain when I see people and animals suffering , not because they suffer but because the feeling of helplessness overpowers me . This is one of my li'll friends  in the picture who comes from labour class family, who I have been meeting  for few days on my way to gym., I have given her a name " Yeh hai India " though she doesn't understand my sentiment behind the name she continues to smile till I disappear from her sight and  thats the only #relationahip I share with her. She is eldest among all and communicates well with me   while the other kids are tiny tots who are only interested in the surprise of the day .Its  few days now that  I must carry  something or the other to feed these little kids  stationed under the over bridge , with their families on MB Road Delhi. I know they are there till the pavement work along the roadside is complete and then probably they will move  on to their next destination and I will never get to see them again but that is life .

Pretty girl all that she needs is a little grooming , cleaner attire ,  education  and  she can  be transformed into a different person , a person who would not wait for someone to come and smile on being given handful of sweets or some food  !

4 comments:

  1. Well said Alka, I am really delighted to read this post of yours. We two r on the same side....

    I always try to do something good for them, but unfortunately I don't have the capability to do anything for them... I always pray to God, to give me strength so that I can do something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, how her fate would change dramatically with a little education!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I wish we can do more for them, sad sad plight.. i am yet to find a institute that genuinley works for the good, and not just to earn money that they get as charity..

    Bikram

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's life - but also a sad commentary on Society that makes it so.

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment good bad or ugly doesnt matter just let me know that you were here

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...