Translate The Page

Saturday 24 December 2011

i couldnt think of a title sorry

ed-1763.jpg
i was very young when i got married ,a tom boy who knew nothing about relationships nor household chores,an out going ,outspoken girl not a trace of diplomacy got married in to a joint family which was too orthodox, fell like a curse upon me.It was a marriage by choice and me being a girl full of self pride never confided in my family , so i was left alone with strangers who i could not understand nor i had a wave length with any of the family members. I did not know how to deal with my mother in law a typical " sasu ma " who wouldn't stop playing politics , hence the result ,today i stay alone with my daughter ,quite content and happy. Though i haven't seen my mom in law but she has grown quite old now and i have no complaints about the hell she gave me while i was married,nor i complain her support to my x while he was having extra marital affairs .I strongly feel he never deserved a woman like me and i wish i should not have taken that long to dump him and move on.
But when i think of the family politics i feel had i not been too young , i would have been in a better position to handle the situation.I still have not become diplomatic,as there is a saying "people don't change" nor have i but i share each and every thought that crops up my mind,and the situations that i could have handled in a better way if i was i little diplomatic, which has really helped me train my daughter to deal with the world.She may hate a person to the core but never loses her smile. Three years back my niece's marriage was on rocks and the formula of being sugar coated worked for her so well that everything fell in her lap.
No matter what i went through in my marriage but i acknowledge the need for joint family system .Being a sensitive and respectful person i would have really taken care of my in laws when they grew old,we being human beings fight for materials, have traits to get jealous disagree with others point of views and blah blah blah....but in the end we are helpless in front of supreme power.we all came alone empty handed and shall go the same way. being a responsible mother ,certainly i do want to secure my daughter but when it comes to me i hold no desires for materials and same is the case with all of us.I am happy with a pinch of love here  and there and that makes me feel good. my achievements make me proud but the materials i have achieved make me happy as they convey a message i can go peacefully without worrying about my daughter.
if given a chance i would like to leave everything and just write till the end ,of late i have begun to miss my gym ,reduced my work pressure and enjoy writing my blogs , my pleasure is to be heard by people else i feel lost in this world where no one knows no one and each one is lost in the grind of life.

14 comments:

  1. Maybe we can title this, " sort of my life" .. or "my pleasure is in writing".. lols.. just thinking..:) About what I read, i felt how you struggled life before, but I'm proud of you being a great a mom to your daughter. I know sooner or later if now now, you will find someone who deserves your love.. Merry Christmas!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was here, Alka, and enjoyed sharing your success, your determination, your regrets and your hope, and I trust you will find all that you were destined for!! Best wished to you and yours for the festive week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW alka that is my mothers story :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi saggi hmmmm not a bad title sort of my life....thank you for your good wishes:)merry xmas
    thank you subhorup for your good wishes a merry xmas and a happy new year to you and your family too..
    @narcissist seems like your mother has had a tough life and is a strong woman of substance:)glad u could relate to it

    ReplyDelete
  5. that took a lot of guts to write..honest, heartfelt.. I admire that courage of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good on you!
    *respect* for having coped successfully with challenges that life threw at you!

    Best wishes of a joyous season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank u dr.roshan for ur valuable comment and for visiting here:)
    wish u a happy new year
    magiceye thank u so much wish u a happy new year:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. God! relationships are so complex. Now that I am looking forward for a commitment, I have no idea how things are going to be. scared, confused. Why cant it be simple like a guy and a girl falls in love and they live together - no society, no relatives :O why does so many people take decision for us and why does so many people fight among themselves to live our life :O bless you Alka! nice knowing you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. in our country when two people marry they marry each others families...its good in some ways but then again it comes with lota cons as well..apart from tht ppl here generally have a habit of nosing aroun in others buisness..relationships r defintly very confusing and complex..wish u the best in finding the right partner do take ur time dont rush into anything especially a relationship..its good knowin u too sawan:)wish u a happy new year in advance

    ReplyDelete
  10. this was a very touching post Alka. very honest too. jo beeth gaya so beeth gaya. sometimes some relationships hurt more when we are in it than when we are away from it or out of it. how long can one keep quiet about extra marital affairs & all? its not possible. even i can't bear it.

    i am happy that you've found strength to build your life again with the love of your daughter. God bless you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very touchy and honest post. I admire you for what you are. And this is my favorite on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi sujatha thank u so much am glad u could relate to this post as well..true jo beeth gaya so beeth gaya we should move on with our head held high:)
    thank u so much leo paw:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very honest post and it takes courage to be honest.
    It always puzzle me for why people create so much pain for themselves and others until I come across "Power of Now" by "Eckhart Tolle" and it became one of my favourite books. If you like reading books, it's an very nice book to read.
    Thanks for sharing. Being yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you satish:)
    i will definitely read the book:)

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment good bad or ugly doesnt matter just let me know that you were here

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...